KENWOOD TH-K20A 144 MHz 5.5 Watt Hand Held FM Transceiver - 1130 mAh Li-Ion Battery
A powerful communications tool in every sense, KENWOOD’s new TH-K20A radio offers 5.5 watts of RF output to ensure reliable performance.
Numerous features ensure superb operating ease, yet it is small enough to fit comfortably in the palm. Both display and keypad are backlit for night-time use, and for added convenience everyday functions are pre-programmed to 11 keys with an additional PF key that can be assigned a custom function. Plus, the construction is rugged enough to stand up to the worst weather. Inside and out, the TH-K20A is fully equipped for clear communications — wherever and whenever needed.
Usefully Compact, Reliably Robust
- Users will appreciate just how light (just 210 g) and thin (54 mm) this radio is. Yet there is no compromise on construction: it meets or exceeds the stringent IP54 dust and water intrusion standards as well as the MILSTD 810 C, D, E, F & G environmental standards, making it rugged enough for demanding outdoor use in bad weather.
200 Channels with 6-Digit Memory Name
- The TH-K20A has 200 memory channels – with a 6-digit Memory Name function to enable clear identification – plus 6 program scan memories, 1 call channel and 1 priority channel.
High Sound Pressure for Audio Clarity
- Another feature that sets the TH-K20A apart is sound: it benefits from the audio expertise for which KENWOOD is renowned. High sound pressure – which is not the same as volume – delivers a clarity that is unmistakable. Just listen once and you will appreciate what a difference it makes.
Li-ion Battery & Cradle Charger
- This radio is supplied with a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery plus a convenient cradle charger.
Direct Function Keys
- Everyday functions are pre-programmed to 11 of the 12 keys. The additional PF key can be assigned a custom function, making it possible to tailor the TH-K20A for optimum convenience. There is no need to use a menu: one key push provides direct access. And to prevent accidental operation, three types of key lock are provided.
- The TH-K20A offers convenient hands-free operation when using an optional headset. The internal VOX (voice-operated transmission) circuitry provides automatic PTT and a 10-level (Off/1-9) sensitivity adjustment to suit different ambient noise levels. VOX delay time is also adjustable.
PC Programmable with MCP-5A
- By simply connecting the TH-K20A to a computer running KENWOOD’s free MCP-5A software with the optional PG-4Y cable, one can easily manage dozens of memory channels and memory names. This is also a convenient way to modify or copy settings.
Backlit LCD and Keypad
- Backlighting for the large 13-segment LCD display is a welcome feature when picking memory names or changing settings. Similarly, keypad backlighting facilitates operation in low-light situations.
CTCSS & DCS Encoder/Decoder + Cross Tone Capability
- Thanks to the built-in CTCSS (Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System) and DCS (Digital Code Squelch) encoder/ decoder, the TH-K20A can handle 42 CTCSS sub-tone frequencies plus 104 DCS codes. And one can set separate TX and RX signalling types so as to access a repeater that uses different encode/decode signalling.
Tone Alert (Bell)
- When activated, this function will sound an audible alert and flash a bell symbol to indicate an incoming call. Both elapsed time and the number of missed calls are clearly displayed.